Jump to content

Ben Rice Talks Chromatica And Gearing Up For Next Gaga Project


 Share

Recommended Posts

Ben Rice, a frequent collaborator with Lady Gaga, spoke with Texarkana Gazette about his experience making Chromatica and working with Gaga and Ariana Grande on the grammy award winning #1 hit Rain On Me. 

Rice mentions the sheer excitement that was in the studio once Ariana Grande joined the process for Rain On Me. 

He states:

"It was a very warm, hugging environment," he said, adding, "We played it for her and she was so excited and she got emotional about it, just super-hyped up."

Ben Rice continued to describe Rain On Me, and Chromatica's personal messages being infused with upbeat dance production. He says the album itself "is a dance album" and that Gaga was "intimate and personal putting herself courageously into the songs."

Rice even opened up about his previous work with Gaga, the soundtrack for A Star Is Born, and how it is one if the most meaningful projects he's ever worked on.  Yet, he still illuminates on Chromatica, saying "it felt good to pick up where they left off and do something entirely different for Chromatica." 

Rice reveals that he's also "gearing up for the next Gaga project."  Further stating that he has a studio at his house where he can work remotely with people through Zoom. 


View full article

  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love this very much, I really liked this guy!! He did an amazing work with Chromatica and ASIB!!

35 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

I wonder what this "next Gaga project" is. I'm. trying to not set myself up for disappointment thinking it'll be act II or LG7 so soon so I'm trying to stay rational and believe they're working on the remix album. 

It could be anything. But I'm sure ARTPOP Act II will be released at some point...and maybe even a second act of Chromatica.....Benjamin could work on those projects as well. We'll see!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ★ Moderator
2 hours ago, Giulia Monster said:

Love this very much, I really liked this guy!! He did an amazing work with Chromatica and ASIB!!

It could be anything. But I'm sure ARTPOP Act II will be released at some point...and maybe even a second act of Chromatica.....Benjamin could work on those projects as well. We'll see!

Bloodpop confirmed the remix album is coming! (and will include Babylon HL yaaas)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ★ Moderator
57 minutes ago, dafniye said:

My bets are between LG7 or Chromatica part II. But then again, I have a tendency to do clownery

Let's hope we are getting the remix album before LG7 lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, numb the flame said:

I'm leaning more towards a) an expanded reissue of Chromatica including new songs or b) the remix album BloodPop "theoretically" tweeted about. 

To be honest, I would rather have a reissue of Chromatica with new songs (songs that she already did but didn't make it on the album), rather than a remix album with featurings with other artists, with the songs we already have.

21 hours ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Bloodpop confirmed the remix album is coming! (and will include Babylon HL yaaas)

It's not confirmed yet tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Giulia Monster said:

To be honest, I would rather have a reissue of Chromatica with new songs (songs that she already did but didn't make it on the album), rather than a remix album with featurings with other artists, with the songs we already have.

 

I agreed,  remix are nice sometimes but not every time,  nothing with new songs 😍 I want piano version so badly 😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

To be honest, I would rather have a reissue of Chromatica with new songs (songs that she already did but didn't make it on the album), rather than a remix album with featurings with other artists, with the songs we already have.

It's not confirmed yet tho

Yeah I would also prefer to have a reissue with new songs over a remix album. That being said, however, if they were to place new songs into the tracklist of a remix album then I wouldn't mind so much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ★ Moderator
37 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

To be honest, I would rather have a reissue of Chromatica with new songs (songs that she already did but didn't make it on the album), rather than a remix album with featurings with other artists, with the songs we already have.

It's not confirmed yet tho

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

 

 

the original tweet of Blood mentioning the remix album was along the lines of "Hypothetically what artists would you like to see on a Chromatica remix album"

EDIT: here's Blood's first tweet mentioning the remix album

https://twitter.com/bloodpop/status/1378789175197986819?s=20

Edited by numb the flame
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Let's hope we are getting the remix album before LG7 lmao

Yes I'm hoping for that too. Chromatica deserves more. It's honestly one of her top albums

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Adeline said:

I agreed,  remix are nice sometimes but not every time,  nothing with new songs 😍 I want piano version so badly 😭

Omg yes I would love piano versions 😭
I honestly don't like remixes, the original version is always the best. But if by remixes they mean re recording the songs with other artists that's ok. But new songs are definitely better 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

Omg yes I would love piano versions 😭
I honestly don't like remixes, the original version is always the best. But if by remixes they mean re recording the songs with other artists that's ok. But new songs are definitely better 🤣

I just noticed I didnt wrote well 😅 I wanted to say " nothing worth new songs " not with lol

I would be happy with everything but tbh I usually dont know any of the featuring artists lol and yeah piano version of all of her songs would be a dream come true , seriously  😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, numb the flame said:

the original tweet of Blood mentioning the remix album was along the lines of "Hypothetically what artists would you like to see on a Chromatica remix album"

EDIT: here's Blood's first tweet mentioning the remix album

https://twitter.com/bloodpop/status/1378789175197986819?s=20

Exactly, it's all about "in theory". I feel like something it's gonna be released. But I wouldn't say it's confirmed until Gaga say so, or until they tell has a DATE lol.

Just don't be deluded, that's all.

We have waited 8 year to MAYBE finally have the second act of ARTPOP 🤣

1 hour ago, Adeline said:

I would be happy with everything but tbh I usually dont know any of the featuring artists lol

Yeah I kinda like the fact that Gaga doesn't do many featurings, but she just sings with really good and talented artists, rather than random people  🤣
I would be happy with everything too, whatever she wants to do in terms of music that's ok for me.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ★ Senior Moderator

This explains the 1000 Doves piano demo. It is so raw and you can listen to Gaga’s pain in her voice ❤️🥺

  • Love 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, tony said:

This explains the 1000 Doves piano demo. It is so raw and you can listen to Gaga’s pain in her voice ❤️🥺

I’m not listened yet i wait to lisen deluxe songs on 29 may to celebrate chromaticas birthday!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i am wondering if this "gearing up for new Gaga project" means he's working rn or preparing to work in the near months..I mean he could've talked with her press team, cuz teasing this kind of thing is strange for me to come out of her producer and not Gaga herself..and still curious when does the movie end filming:DerpGa:

Edited by Tonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tonny said:

i am wondering if this "gearing up for new Gaga project" means he's working rn or preparing to work in the near months..I mean he could've talked with her press team, cuz teasing this kind of thing is strange for me to come out of her producer and not Gaga herself..and still curious when does the movie end filming:DerpGa:

I think they might work in the next few months

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...