Which Chromatica song shocked you?

• ★ Moderator

1000 Doves really shocked me. And after watching the CBS This Morning interview it opened my eyes even more about her. 

• Love 4

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

On the first listen I screamed at Chromatica I transitioning into Alice. 
but I don’t think I was shocked by anything on Chromatica, there isn’t a “shocking” song tbh. They’re all beautiful though.

• Love 1

Many wigs were snatched the night I listened to Chromatica for the first time, but what really left me bald was the outro to Sine From Above. A lot of people don’t like it but I just LOVE IT. 

Honorable mention(s):

-Alice (that’s it, I was in shock cause I missed dance-Gaga sooo bad)

-Chromatica II into 911 (best transition ever periodt)

• Love 1

Babylon. It was the cherry on the cake. When i listen to it i was like OMG, this is so good. I was sing it the reste of the day. 

Also Chromatica II to 911 left me speechless. I was shook.

• Love 2

Fun tonight is pretty deep, its awful to think she struggled like that 🥺 I dont know If it's what you mean by shocking. Beside chromatica DWYW is pretty shocking at least the few visuals there was for it. 

• Love 3
  • ★ Moderator
6 hours ago, Erosadams said:

On the first listen I screamed at Chromatica I transitioning into Alice. 
but I don’t think I was shocked by anything on Chromatica, there isn’t a “shocking” song tbh. They’re all beautiful though.

OMG yes!! It’s true! My poor wig disintegrated. :dead:

• Love 1
  • WIG 1

I remember when Chromatica I first transitioned to Alice, and she sang the first verse, I got goosebumps and immediately got tears because of the anticipation of the album and all the clues and things we'd all looked for, and then finally being able to listen to that album was bizarre.

Enigma shocked me. I wasn't expecting it to have such beautiful vocals especially when she hits that note in Is what I'm seeing real or is it just a sine. 

And then Fun Tonight was a shocker to the system because I realized how suffocated she felt and how much she was actually suffering, the lyrics were a spear to the heart and I could hear her pain and that was depressing in itself. 

• Love 2

I had two MAJOR schocks when listening to the album for the first time, one positive, one negative. 

The negative was Plastic Doll. I couldn't understand how the song made it to the album and couldn't wait for it to be over. (Don't get me wrong, lyrics wise, I LOVE. But the music, the way she sings, etc that was exactly what I didn't want)

But on the positive: I went WILD when I heard Babylon! First there was the shock of the "wait this is NOTHING like the Haus Labs ad??" but a few seconds later "THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER???" Gaga needed an absolutely unapologetic gay/runway/drag-ish song, and Babylon was it and then some more! I also found back her sense of humor and quirkiness in the lyrics, and I really missed that! To this day it's still my favorite song off the album, and one of my favorite Gaga song EVER!

• Love 2
  • ★ Moderator
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Leography said:

THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER???" Gaga needed an absolutely unapologetic gay/runway/drag-ish song, and Babylon was it and then some more

This is exactly what I thought about the song! I really prefer the album version over the Haus Labs mix. Babylon it’s a great song and one of my favorites from the album for sure. 

////////////////

Since some is talking about being shocked in a negative way, I was shocked and sad when I listened to free woman. I really prefer the demo because it fits the vibe from the album. The final version feels like an reject from Kygo or another DJ, it feel so dated. And it’s sad because its lyrics are so beautiful and empowering. 

Edited by tony
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Leography said:

Gaga needed an absolutely unapologetic gay/runway/drag-ish song, and Babylon was it and then some more!

Manifesting for a Lip-Sync For You Life on RuPaul's Drag Race with Babylon

:hello:

• Love 1
  • TEA 1
  • ★ Moderator
Just now, danibon1 said:

Manifesting for a Lip-Sync For You Life on RuPaul's Drag Race with Babylon

:hello:

YES Please!!! :cute: 

but not for the firsts episodes please 😭 we really want an iconic lipsync for the song!

Just now, tony said:

YES Please!!! :cute: 

but not for the firsts episodes please 😭 we really want an iconic lipsync for the song!

That's def a Gran Finale song! Battle for your crown, Babylon! 

:slaying:

• Love 1
  • ★ Moderator
5 minutes ago, danibon1 said:

That's def a Gran Finale song! Battle for your crown, Babylon! 

:slaying:

Or Lipsync for your LEGACY. But for a grand finale would be the best choice!

I wouldn't say I was shocked... I mean I'm always in that amazement state of mind when she releases something new 😍

I really loved babylon though and it still is my favourite song of the album :cheering:

• ★ Moderator

I didn't have the Chromatica deluxe version but when I bought it and heard love me right I was shooketh.... And also the beginning of Sine From Above literally made me sob lmao. Kinda ridiculous to admit this but it's the truth. 

The first time I heard Chromatica I was shocked after each song probably, in a good way 😂

In particular when I heard 911, at first it sounded “weird” to me, it wasn’t my favorite, but after each listening I loved it more and more. And now it’s one of my favorites!! 😍

Sour Candy was also really shocking for me. Gaga doesn’t do many featuring so I was really curious to hear the song.

Sometimes I wish I would be able to re-listen to all Gaga’s album for the first time, don’t you? 😭😭🥺🥺

On 4/16/2021 at 11:57 PM, Giulia Monster said:

The first time I heard Chromatica I was shocked after each song probably, in a good way 😂

In particular when I heard 911, at first it sounded “weird” to me, it wasn’t my favorite, but after each listening I loved it more and more. And now it’s one of my favorites!! 😍

Sour Candy was also really shocking for me. Gaga doesn’t do many featuring so I was really curious to hear the song.

Sometimes I wish I would be able to re-listen to all Gaga’s album for the first time, don’t you? 😭😭🥺🥺

Omg same. I didn't really vibe to 911 at first and it sounded too repetitive to me. Since the album was released at midnight local time, gaga posted the video of her dancing to 911 and celebrating the release of Chromatica at around 9 am for me, and I remember falling in love with 911 at that moment. And now it's eadily my top favorite song. Especially after the VMAs and the MV ❤️

14 minutes ago, MaulJHolland said:

Call me generic but Plastic Doll blew my mind, it was the exact bubble gum pop I needed from her.

Plastic Doll is so amazingly pop. That Am I-E-I-E-I-E just gives me life.